Tuesday July 10 2007



11:15
    • 2 mini bags of Snyder's mini pretzels
    • 1 tomato with Kraft Free Thousand Island Dressing
    • 1 can of tuna fish
    • 1 peach smoothie
Last time I ate plain tuna canned tuna it was fine, but this time it was gross to me. Peach smoothie was actually just Light N Fit Vanilla yogurt blended with frozen peach slices, and I ate it with a spoon out of a bowl. Smoothie title is a stretch.

9:45
    • 1 Ear of Corn, uncooked


8:30 Pm
    • 1.63lb top sirloin steak
This steak was pretty good, however, I didn't let it rest outside of the fridge before cooking it. Therefore it was too cold when it got on the hot pan. This resulted in a slightly more burned auburn flavor than I normally require on meat.

8:15
    • Gatorade Frost Riptide Rush
Today was my brother's 20th birthday and I was under the impression that we would eat out. In fact, my brother had told me around 6:00 that we would. Around 7:30 my dad finally got home and we got in the car to go have dinner. Imagine my dismay when at 8:00 we arrived at the go-kart racing facility and I had had naught but a peach and some grocery store samples all day. My mom and brother had eaten leftovers before my arrival at their house. I was extremely disappointed because I was not only starving and tired but really enjoy eating out, so became very grumpy. I refused to consume any of the food at the go-kart place, because it was all fried, but luckily spotted some gatorade. Normally I prefer the blue variety of Gatorade Frost, Glacier Freeze, but it was not available. The Riptide Rush was actually tastier than I expected and it gave me the needed boost to abandon my grumpus-ness and enjoy go-karting.

7:00
    • A largish peach


6:15
    • Three small slices of pluot

Harris Teeter again

4:20 Pm
    • 8oz Friendship 2% milkfat cottage cheese
I used to poo poo cottage cheese quite a bit. I ate some Publix brand low fat a couple of months back and it was absolutely disgusting. Then my good friend Julian coerced me into sampling a bit of the Friendship. It was quite good and I have been hooked ever since. I am still not sure where I stand on curd size.


1:30 Pm
    • 1/2 inch slice Boar's Head dry Italian sausage
I am a fan of all sausages big and small. This particular sausage was procured from a mouth watering display at my neighborhood grocery. "Italian sausage" seemed a bit ambiguous to me but I decided to go for it. It is a little too greasy and fatty for my taste and I probably won't purchase it again.


12:50 Pm
    • Three cubes of pluot
    • 1 bing cherry
    • Three 1/2-inch cubes of smoked turkey, brand unknown
    • One 1/2-inch cube of Jarlsberg cheese
    • One mini slice of Kalamata Olive and Rosemary Batard with a petite dollop of Green Olive and Tomato Tapenade
This meal was obtained for free by taking advantage of the many food samples at Harris Teeter. Each time I go to Harris Teeter I eat as many samples as possible, shoving the maximum number of cubes/slices onto the single toothpick. The bing cherry, was not, however, a sample; it was stolen.

11:30 Am
    • 1 One-A-Day Women's Multivitamin
    • 1 piece of Trident Splash Peppermint and Vanilla gum
At first I thought this time that after the vitamin I wasn't feeling sick, but I spoke too soon. The piece of gum slightly alleviated the feeling of imminent upchucking.

5 comments:

A Ghost said...

My recommendation would be to try taking the vitamin with food. I hate being nauseous and tend to avoid having that experience at all costs.

Hilary said...

I definitely think this would solve the problem. However, the only time I ever remember to take these vitamins is when I get in my car, so that is where they are. Normally, when I go to work, I have not yet eaten.

It seems that I should do something to fix the problem but each time I am so convinced this will be the time that I will not feel nauseous.

Hilary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilary said...

how did julian manage to coerce you? did he threaten to Gay you to death?

figures, julian would eat something called 'friendship.' the point of this comment is that julian is gay gay gay. not that there's anything wrong with that.

Hilary said...

i hate it when i poo poo cottage cheese